Old 01-01-19, 08:56 PM
citizenbiker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Citizen Bike Pedal Assist Charging Issues

I purchased a Citizen bike with the expensive add-on pedal assist. After about a week after getting and using the bike, my battery no longer charges. It was fully charged when I got the bike. After traveling about 7 miles the battery went from fully charged (4 green lights) to 50% or two green lights. I charge the battery when it is about 50% and it only charged twice in one week. It says 3 hours or so to charge but even charging it after 8 to 10 hours, it still has not charged.

Citizen Bike told me there is nothing wrong with the battery. My commute is extremely difficult now without the pedal assist. It is actually harder to ride than a conventional bike without the pedal assist.

Does anyone else have similar issues with the battery? Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I paid good money for the bike and the battery is actually more than the bike itself. Citizen Bike is selling it for about $389 from its advertised $599 and it seems like Citizen Bike is the only place I can get a replacement battery.

I spoke to an attorney who stated that if there are others who are having similar issues, there is a possibility for a class action for the full amount of the bike and battery and any other accessories purchased since it means that Citizen Bike may be selling very expensive, defective batteries (which may be unsafe) and is not telling customers the truth of the battery life, risks and capabilities.

If there are any other people experiencing this, please post to share with the rest of the community. I like Citizen Bike but these batteries are not doing its job. For the price you pay for the battery it should at least charge and work like advertised and not give out after one week of operation.