Old 01-02-19, 05:21 PM
SamSpade1941 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 54 Posts
I personally like e bikes and think they have the best potential for actually reducing the number of auto mobiles on the road in certain metropolitan areas . I think people who scream not on multi use paths are about on the same footing with people who said cars spooked the horses in the streets .110 years ago A regular bicycle is dangerous on a multi use path . It’s all about the rider and not the vehicle .

A couple of days ago when I was getting my miles in at Minto Brown with a friend . I had the occasion to briefly chat with a retired cpuple on a pair of electric Trek bikes. They raved about them because those electric assist bikes were allowing them to get out , get some exercise after they were no longer capable of riding regular bikes. They weren’t hitting pedestrians , running into cyclists on conventional bicycles nor terrorizing anyone walking their corky or lab.

People need to quit being Luddites and shouting get off my
lawn about e bikes they have the potential to offer some real change in urban areas and empower people to ride who might not otherwise