BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 261 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6056 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 32 Posts
Originally Posted by MoAlpha View Post

Eh, itís in my genes and itís all Iíve ever known, My little academic bubble is actually in a protected corner of the federal government, so itís a little different.

What road did you take? Hudson Valley sounds like Big Blue.
No, not big blue, but the other goliath, AT&T. After things got really unpleasant while working on my dissertation, I took a break and found a real job paying real salaries and, although I had originally intended to go back and finish my degree on the side, that became less and less attractive as time went on and thus fell by the wayside. Just as well, because I was really enjoying what I was doing in IS at NY Telephone. In fact just yesterday I read a line that perfectly described the euphoria my colleagues and I experienced in 1983 when we got our hands on the Lisa, a prototype and predecessor to Apple's Macintosh computer. The line reads "You felt as if you were part of this tiny group of people who had seen the light", that light being the graphical user interface for personal computers.

Exciting times.