View Single Post
Old 01-03-19, 08:40 PM
orewatsuyoi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
1984 Lotus Eclair (Tange Mangalloy Touring Bike)

NYC and Surrounding Areas Preferred (but flexible)

(please see post below for pic!)

For Trade:Rare 1984 Eclair Touring Bike - Large Size (i believe 56-58cm crank to top tube , need to remeasure)
Great for a rider over 6ft.

Brazed Tange Mangalloy Frame and Fork-

forged drop outs w/ double eyelets, top tube cable guides, bottom bracket cable guides, 2 pair of brazed-on bottle bosses, shifter bosses on down tube, chain hanger peg, rack mounts and brake cable bridge support , braze-ons in front fork blades for low-mount rack

Rides like a charm, but too big for me..

Shimano Deore Front derailleur, chain wheel, shifters, and pedals are all original and are amazingly smooth. Pedaling on this thing feels like pedaling on a cloud and really allows cadence to
build up nicely with the smoothness of those
cranks and sweet pedals.

Dia-Compe Cantilever Brakes

Brand new New Nitto drop bars (not shown in current pic) and recently tuned up
by a professional bike shop.

The only Flaw on this bike is a slightly bent fork and the fact that the rear derailleur was replaced before I got it and unfortunately does not come with the deore rear derailleur, but shifts like a charm still. I had the bike tuned professionaly by my bike shop after i bent the fork and it rides fine as is, they advised me it will still hold up through much more as is- but the fork can also be replaced of course if you prefer. Right now its just a hair off and causes a slight sway when riding no hands but that's it!

I'm willing to take a loss on this super cool
bike and open to all offers- I want to see it wind up in good hands and being used as it should.

I'm looking for a simple solid vintage mtb , open to 18-20 inch frames - open to trek singletracks, specialized rockhopper/stumpjumpers, gt timberline/karakoram/avalache etc, schwinn high sierra, and more! also open to hybrids, vintage tourers, and tough road bikes

Will consider any offer and would love to answer any questions!! I am away from
home for a couple of days but will also provide proper measurements and a lot more pics once I get home! !

Hope I can find this bike a better home (pic in next post, many more to come)

Last edited by orewatsuyoi; 01-03-19 at 08:56 PM.