View Single Post
Old 01-03-19, 08:59 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Pink Klein MTB, Phil Wood VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), Cilo Road Frame, Proteus frame

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1145 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by mtb_addict View Post
nuts for Track hub axles are not the same thread size as your Coaster hub's, I believe. Becareful!

I believe, Track axle is typically 10mm...while Coaster is probably some sort of 3/8".

I belive most Track nut is for 10mm axle...so you will need to look for special 3/8" Track nuts. Also need to check the TPI thread pitch size. If you use the wrong size...you might ruin the axle.
Excellent post!

You can find the captive washer "track" nuts in 3/8 pretty easily and your local shop should have them and hopefully also have the Wheels Manufacturing thread pitch guide (or someone else's I just have used the WM doohickey in the past)

One should always double check thread pitch on anything and if you ever feel something binding up do not continue to tighten remove and check everything and re-grease and try again if everything is correct. The only time you should strip anything is while cleaning your unloaded fire arm ; )