View Single Post
Old 01-04-19, 12:39 PM
no motor?

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 844 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In 2005 I'd been motorcycling for 15 years and loved it. I rode BMWs and never cared for the outside noisy, inside empty approach of the cruiser riders, preferring to ride instead of standing around talking about living the biker lifestyle after trailering their motorcycle somewhere. Late that summer I'd stopped at a rest stop out in the country and saw this guy ride up on what looked like a cool old bicycle at the time that was likely a Rivendale. He was wearing a straw hat, a Hawaiian shirt, cargo shorts with sandals and seemed to be having as good a time as possible considering the heat and the hangover he seemed to have. We got the talking after he asked me to take his picture, and he mentioned he was on the way home from an overnight 80+ mile ride putting me in the position of thinking that was a long way to ride instead of being the guy doing the riding. After he left I thought that I should get another bicycle and start riding again to help cut down on some of the weight that I'd put on over the years. So I did and am glad I did too. I still ride the same bike I got then too, my old Hardrock has changed over the years to be more like a commuter version of the Rivendale that inspired me to resume riding.