View Single Post
Old 01-06-19, 09:09 PM
capnjonny 

Bikes: Miyata 610(66cm), GT Vantara Hybrid (64cm), Nishiki International (64cm), Peugeot rat rod (62 cm), Trek 800 Burning Man helicopter bike, Bob Jackson frame (to be restored?) plus a never ending stream of neglected waifs from the Bike exchange.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
As for me,

I really enjoy building up and customizing bikes. I would prefer to try and find someone who can appreciate my efforts and who will ride the bike and love it. I had a Raleigh Record ace that I got from the Bike Exchange years ago and spent many hours customizing , changing the gearing, bars, brakes, wheels until I had what I considered a perfect town bike. Eventually my tastes changed and I had moved on to other projects and I reluctantly put the Raleigh up for sale. The fellow who answered the add fell in love with it at first sight. I gave him a lot of extra gear to go with it because I wanted to be sure he had everything I would want to have on it.

I didn't make any profit on the bike ( especially considering all the work I had done on it) but in the end I was satisfied It had found a good home.