Old 01-07-19, 10:12 AM
TireLever-07

Bikes: 1994 Schwinn Passage, 2010 Masi, 2014 Specialized Crossroads

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Freewheel explosions suck. I killed my Hybrid bikes number 1 & 2 that way. Both were steel frames. 1st was a broken axle, bought a new one. When installing the finished wheel in the back yard. I saw the broken axle drop out. Second hybrid. I was riding home. In one city block of brick crosswalks. I was close to home. At the third crosswalk. I broke the axle, rear dropout & got a flat all at the same time. Fixed the flat & rode home slower. But still faster than walking. Nobody wanted that bike frame or the fork. Have all it's components in Container Store baskets. On shelves in the basement. On my last skinny tire fast bike, I owned. That was a freewheel bike. Last year or 2 before index shifting. I upgrade the drive train on that one. And sold it rather quickly. And in October 2018. I broke the frame of touring bike #2 . Broke the downtube. About 2" above the drop out. The crack goes all the way around the downtube Is a filled welded steel frame Does have a lifetime frame warenty. I have put in a claim, but who knows.. Down to 2 bikes & one unicycle.