Old 01-07-19, 11:47 AM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Liked 439 Times in 312 Posts
Update on inability to mount front tire due to leakage around the valve - I just got off the phone with Shimano customer service and gave the person the part number for my Shimano Dura Ace 7850 valves - it turns out that the 3 pack of Shimano 7850 tubeless valves are all rear specific.

I feel embarassed for wasting so much time trying to get Shimano, Origin8, Mavic UST valves to seal over the past 3 or 4 days and just wasting my time. The Shimano person said that you must use the correct Shimano valves in order to have success and that the curvature between the front and rear of the rim well is different. Not having any real world tubeless experience, I really thought getting a squared grommet road style tubeless valve would be sufficient and it could be made to seal by squishing it tightly. Obviously this is not true as I have put my air compressor and my Airshot canister through so many cycles (for naught) that my arms are sore.

So, here I go. I just ordered a front valve so the front wheel is being set aside for now.

On to the rear wheel. If this mounts without leakage then I think I will pass out from relief!

Last edited by masi61; 01-07-19 at 06:11 PM.