View Single Post
Old 01-07-19, 03:22 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18350 Post(s)
Liked 4,502 Times in 3,346 Posts
Originally Posted by GuessWhoCycling
But there have been a few times climbing mountain roads that I hear fast cars and motorcycles rev their engines as they approach. Never had a problem with them rather than them trying to rattle your nerves.
I've had a few pickups rev their engines as they pass. I usually don't think much about it, but I did have one blow a cloud of smog in my face. We don't have local smog testing, but I believe there is a limit to visible smoke, so if I had a camera (and could have seen the license through the smoke), it would have gone to the police for excessive smoke.

In about 45 years of riding... a year or two ago, I had a bag of garbage fly out of a car just in front of me. Pretty sure it was meant to rattle me, but again, if a video had been available, it would have gone to the police for littering.

It is odd... many people will slow down and give cyclists room. Some will ignore them (which can be dangerous), and some are specifically malicious towards them.

As mentioned, I've snagged a used GoPro without a mount, and I'm trying to decide what to do with it. Perhaps an obvious helmet mount would be a good thing.