Old 01-07-19, 04:37 PM
Iowegian

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been tempted to try one but for now, I mostly ride my bike for exercise. For commuting and errands, I drive my Nissan Leaf ! In fact, one of the big down-sides for owning an electric car is that I now ride a lot less around town getting groceries, etc. So getting on the bike for exercise is becoming a bigger deal. YMMV.

One thing that surprised me was how many mtn bike riders I saw this summer in France that had e-bikes. We were in the alps and I'm sure the trails there are probably steeper than the average US mtn bike trail but most of the 'serious' mtn bikers we saw had e-bikes or were in groups that had some e-bikes. I suppose if that makes the difference between being able to get over the pass to the next village or whatever then it could be worth it but it's not something I see myself doing. On the other hand, a peddle assist bike could make doing a longer tour in retirement more of a possibility for me. Time will tell but I like having the option available. If I could get a bike like Lennard Zinn's custom made e-bike I would be seriously tempted... https://www.velonews.com/2018/06/bik...cyclist_470738