Old 01-09-19, 10:56 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '87 Miyata 912, '87 Schwinn Prelude, '90 Fuji Saratoga, Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara/Centurion Ironman, '18 Diamondback Syncr, '18 handmade steel roadbike

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2860 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
Build time!
I had him do as much as possible thru this project and during the build, it was a lot of clamping work. I would set a component in a spot, explain why, and he would clamp it.
tough process cuz a build really is a 1 man job, but he stayed busy and I got to make him listen to why everything was set the way it was set.
he had done a great job of cleaning all the components so it was a relatively clean build too!

he was surprised at how fast the build went. Its a really nice 3x10 shimano drivetrain that is 105/Ultegra level mix. I made sure to mention to him more than a few times that not all the mentors have this level of components so recognize and appreciate what he has.

the stem setup is not traditional, but it fits him well. I pushed for a 0 degree Nitto Dynamic quill stem to get the bars up there high enough, but that would have meant 26.0mm bars that weren't black and that set-up would have been too much $ as the budget was set at $375. So we settled on a cockpit that fits perfect at the expense of aesthetics.

we left it like this for a month as bar tape had to be ordered and the holidays plus school took up time.

Last edited by mstateglfr; 01-09-19 at 11:24 PM.