Old 01-10-19, 05:24 PM
3speedslow

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1201 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by machinist42 View Post

1991 Diamondback Master TG - $400 (Reynolda rd/Polo rd)

"This is a gorgeous 56cm example of the 1991 Diamondback Master TG, a Centurion designed bike built just after the brand changed US-Market names to Diamondback. The current picture shows the bike as it was when i purchased it(except the saddle, which is not included) this past July. Though it was in decent shape, it still needed a lot of work. It has a full Shimano 105 Groupset on it, minus the rear hub due to a wheel replacement(mavic open pro/Shimano Ultegra hub) by a previous owner, and the Tange Levin headset it originally included to match the Tange Prestige stem. The bike originally would have come with downtube shifters and brake(only) levers, but i assume the original owner opted to swap out both for the totally integrated 105 levers, tech that was new and top-of-the-line back then. Shimano debuted 600 and DA in 1990, with 105 following shortly after. Since owning it, i have completely rebuilt the bike from top to bottom, every bearing, including the hubs. The wheels have been trued and are nice and straight. While disassembled, the frame and fork were treated with Framesaver, an interior rust protector, developed specifically for bicycles. and due to issues that prompted a full rebuild, the bike now has a brand new Bottom Bracket, Chainrings, Chain, 8sp Cassette, Tires, Cables/Housing, Handlebars(with aero brake cable routing), and Handlebar Tape. The original paint is in great shape, has a few chips here and there, but shines beautifully due to a good cleaning and polishing before piecing the whole thing back together. I am not a professional mechanic by title, but have been wrenching on, building, and customizing bicycles for the past 15 years, as well as building wheels, and my work is top-notch. I love bicycles, and pay a lot of attention to detail, both of which show in my work. And that can be verified by anyone that has come to me for work or bought a bike i have rebuilt, if you can find or know them. I bought this bike in order to attempt my first century on something more manageable on these hills than my fixed gear. I have ridden it a couple handfuls of times aside from the century at Tour To Tanglewood, as well as riding it to and from that event, pulling a trailer full of camping supplies. I would say that i have around 400 miles on it, and it has served me well. It is in excellent shape and ready for years and years of use. It was probably the smoothest, quietest bike at Tanglewood this year.

Again, the bike is a 56cm, and rides like it is brand new with a recent full rebuild. All worn parts have been replaced. The Selle Italia bio Turbo will not be included in the sale.

disclaimer: due to the nature of early Shimano STI levers, the shifting can be a bit sticky on the left/front shifter(the right/rear ****er works perfectly). This is due to the grease Shimano used in the early iterations of these, combined with it's age. it is worse in winter than summer, when it is hardly noticeable. It can be easily remedied by flooding the shifter with lube, and continually working it until it smooths out, but this will need repitition every so often, unless you can possibly rebuild them with new grease, or find someone capable. I will be sure to perform this before selling, so that you get the best ride possible at the time of purchase.

call, email, or text... if you call and dont get an answer, be sure to leave a voicemail"

https://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/...779372968.html
FYI,

This one was bought from C/L, put through the flippers thing and popped out over 2 hundred more. Cool bike but indeed, pricey.