Old 01-11-19, 08:20 AM
Campag4life
Voice of the Industry

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TakingMyTime
I do not have a dog in this fight and absolutely no opinion as to the reliability or implementation of the "Future Shock".

Do you think this will effect the implementation of this technology on future models?
No. Marketing aka convincing people something is better and they need it will always be. PT Barnum. Caveat Emptor.
Greed meet people that don't know any better. Nobody is really immune. A ton of people ride roadbikes would be better served on a Dutch style bike with more upright position for the simple reason they don't generate much power anyway. Heck I don't really need a world class road bike either because I am no world class rider...but I own a couple. The endurance genre was effectively invented to bridge this gap. This was partly created by Walter Mitty marketing. Joe six pack on a road bike. Not unlike all the guys who own a world class race bike with big drop and never use the drops.

Look at Porsche sales. Who really needs to drive a Porsche on the street. Hey, look at high heels that women wear. Now some things that aren't good for you are still worth having.
Btw, you should get a dog. I am not a fan of Pit bulls but a friend in the neighborhood has one and its really the nicest dog in the neighborhood.

Last edited by Campag4life; 01-11-19 at 08:23 AM.