Old 01-11-19, 08:36 AM
kayakindude

Bikes: 1987 Cannondale SR600/BioPace, 1991 Cannondale Road Tandem,1994 Giant Iguana MB, 2009 Airnimal Chameleon, 2016 Dahon Vybe C7A

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 63 Posts
Over the past 2 years thanks to my 2 folding bikes I have enjoyed exploring in and around the following cities/areas, ranked 1 through 10:
9- Newport, VT, great paved and unpaved country roads little traffic and lots of hills, MUP into Canada.
9- Seattle WA, simply awesome oceanside rides with snow capped mountains (in May!), superb park and MUP systems. Plenty of hills to get your fix.
9- C&O towpath VA/WV, enjoyed this path and the country riding in and through Harpers Ferry and Antietam.
8-Miami FL, Busy multi-lane roads, but the oceanside riding and causeways are amazing
8-Columbus OH, Great neighborhood ridiing and nice MUP through OU.
8- St. Paul MN, commuted from Mall of America to St. Paul via MUP along rivers with lots of wildlife, barely needed to touch a road,
7- Los Angles CA, Griffin park and love the MUP along the beaches though congested, not a fan of road riding due to traffic.
7- Atlanta GA, enjoyed the Botanical park and Silver Comet/Stone Mountain MUPs, did not enjoy the roads to get there, decent hills though.
7- DC, here often, great hill workouts with some MUP to Great Falls, love the MUP to Mt. Vernon, busy in the city center but good bike lanes.
7- San Fransisco CA, loved the Golden Gate and parks, decent bike lanes, lots of people and traffic so have to ride with patience.
6- Houston TX, solid MUP system, most along the river nice, one not (smelly river near the hospital) so nice. Tough traffic.
6- Kansas City MO, mainly just commuted but found good bike lanes, a few hills, and reasonable traffic. Enjoyed racing around the old TWA airport.
5- Tampa FL, nice but short ride along the ocean with a bike lane, never got to go out to Clearwater which may have boosted the number.
3- Dallas TX, most anti-bike place I have ridden, got a flat in the 1st 10 minutes because the bike lanes were full of glass, got yelled at, only saving grace was riding around the lake.
2- Baltimore MD, Only time I ever felt unsafe on the roads and the MUP- had to turn around because of litter/debris, switched to jogging in the harbor.

These are my opinions based on where I rode, there are likely other paths roads I did not get to ride on that would have adjusted my number. Did not include RI and SE Mass because that is home and I would be biased

Last edited by kayakindude; 01-11-19 at 08:41 AM.