Old 01-12-19, 08:58 AM
alias5000
Raised a new winter bike

Bikes: HP Velotechnik Streetmachine GTE, 2015 Devinci Silverstone SL4, 2012 Cannondale Road Tandem 2, 2007 Trek 6000, Circe Morpheus

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
In extend to the previous reply, a few comments from my side:
The best way to set up BB5s that I found is this:
- Loosen the spherical bolts.
- Unclamp the cable from the caliper (BB 7: fully open up the outboard adjustment knob and then dial it in 1-2 clicks. With this, you might be able to work without the business card mentioned below)
- Put a business card between outboard pad and rotor
- turn the red inside adjustment knob all the way in such that the caliper firmly holds on the the rotor. Make sure, the caliper is free to move around the spherical bolts and only held by the rotor.
- tighten up the spherical bolts
- loosen up the inside adjustment knob and adjust it such that it just does not rub the rotor anymore. The business card should achieve this for the outboard side. If not, play with the outboard adjustment know.
- attach the cable again, make sure there is not slack, but also do not (significantly) preload the cable.

I hand sanded my rotors with fine sand paper and cleaned with alcohol afterwards. Would agree with previous comments, but together with all other measures I was able to get a good braking power out of my discs afterwards this way.