TheKillerPenguin
Nonsense

Bikes: Affirmative

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 880 Post(s)
Liked 541 Times in 237 Posts
Originally Posted by TMonk
Sure 1x60 at 100% is theoretically possible. Doesn't mean that 30' is easy! I've done a lot of 2x30' workouts on Fiesta Island but I set the bar low at ~93-95%. I think @gsteinb does 3x20' at 100% sometimes... good grief
There's a time to exertion (TTE) aspect to ftp which is based on your individual best efforts at various times in your power curve along with your stamina rating, where it's like more than 30min and usually but not always less than 60. My TTE was ~33min in October, right now it's ~45min but ftp power is pegged 5-6% lower. The difference is I basically had to take 2 months off, and my last vo2 efforts were like October 2nd. I'm also doing 4 day blocks of FTP work separated by 2-3 days chill to bring TTE and ftp up (both were much lower when I started back up a few weeks ago), which feels about as horrible as you'd expect, but seems to be working.

I'm not 100% sure as to how the various components of ftp are weighted in wko4. I guess that if you have more 5-10min efforts your ftp gets boosted a bit but TTE is decreased? That's above my pay grade, I'm just a monkey with a typewriter.

Last edited by TheKillerPenguin; 01-12-19 at 10:32 AM.