Old 01-14-19, 06:35 AM
Ald1 

Bikes: Domane SLR 9 Fuji Gran Fondo 2.3 1978 Mercian

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by fietsbob View Post
How do you get that Ninja to hold still while you close the case on him?.. will you drill air holes ..?

You mean this back pack case? https://www.orucase.com/

they toutThe world's sneakiest bike travel case.

I comment; the Bike Friday packs in a standard suitcase, so is even sneakier, ...
and offers a trailer kit to tow that case with the bike , once you take it out of that suitcase ..

By the way I have had a conversation with at least one guy , who when ticket agent, withholding boarding pass
Required him to open his S&S , so that Airline employee could see the contents..
And upon seeing it was a bicycle, charged the bike handling surcharge any way..

So no guarantee you will benefit , every time you fly.. even after spending that money...

In a Touring Destination town, We take in bikes shipped via bike flights many times in the summer ,
a trans-continental race is the 1st weekend in June, starting on the west coast .
we will see hard cases and cardboard boxes with those bikes shipped marked assemble or do not assemble ..

Yes sorry, I'm refering to that companies cases really the sub 62 case. My primary reason is for size and handling as Europe's idae of a mid size rentals are not mine and maybe save the airline fee. I can see both sides of this argument with the airlines. They view a bike at a higher risk of a damage claim and charge what they do. Conversely, if it is insured by me anyway and I sign a waiver and it's under their oversize guidelines why should they charge extra? It still does not give them a licence to be careless as "trade show equipment" also needs to be handled with care?
PS I think the nylon shell is porous enough for him to breath, no drill holes necessary!