View Single Post
Old 01-14-19, 12:32 PM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 699 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4456 Post(s)
Liked 425 Times in 157 Posts
Friday, I did a 2:30ish 5am coffee ride in the mist with an average temp of 34F. Good lord coffee at the end of that ride was mighty welcome.

Sat and Sun were more dachshund field trials. Hours of standing around and beating the bushes to flush rabbits. My legs were wiped. No cycling. My little dog took 5th in Saturday's trial, which put her on the podium but didn't get her any points towards her FT championship.

Last night I had an upset stomach and this morning I was achy all over. Seriously thought I had the flu, called in sick to work. After awhile, I did a 15 min mediation and felt better. Then 50 min of yoga/stretching and I felt even better. I had a 30 min 100% interval on the TT on the schedule for today. Wasn't sure about that but hopped on the trainer to spin my legs. After a 20 min warm up, I felt pretty ok so I decided to give the threshold interval a whirl.

It was a mental struggle for the first 15 min and then it started to feel pretty doable, so I just did it. My cadence has dropped dismayingly in the past 6 months (mountain biking? position? not sure why). So I did last week's 30 min 100% TT interval with alternating cadence. One song I'd keep if over 95, then next song between 85 and 95. I started out like this today but the low cadence bit actually felt harder, wtf. So I just stuck with the high cadence after that. The final 20 min of my 30 min interval was 101% at a cadence of 98. No idea where that came from. I raced my last TT at a cadence of 85. Very happy with it.