Old 01-15-19, 10:21 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '87 Schwinn Prelude, Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo, '18 Diamondback Syncr

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3266 Post(s)
Liked 328 Times in 225 Posts
Originally Posted by RandolphCarter View Post
Good job on the build, and even better job on the mentoring.

Hopefully in a few years he'll be in a position to mentor the next crop of builders\riders.

I do have a few questions about the painting. Did you use a primer? What clearcoat did you put over the spray.bike colors?
thanks for the words! Yeah i hope he sticks with riding, but I really hope he finds how he wants to artistically express himself as thst would be a win for sure.

as for the paint, we used some spray.bike primer. I can't believe I forgot to mention that! They selln2 types and we used the stuff that's white. Just primer.
also we used spray.bike's clearcoat. It applied well.
the fluorescent colors are difficult to apply. The website warns this, but it was still surprising. The frame felt like a tennis ball the first time we did it. But with practice it applied smoothly the second time and the clearcoat was easy.

they also have clearcoat with metallic flake. I used one of these with on a bike I did a couple decembers ago. I did green flake over flat black and its invisible in shade but sparkles with direct light. Something like green flake over red or over yellow would obviously stand out a lot more at all times.