View Single Post
Old 01-18-19, 08:10 PM
delbiker1 

Bikes: 1991 Ochsner steel frame, 2002 Airborne Zeppelin titanium, Schwinn DBX SS aluminum, Orbea MD 40 carbon fiber

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 17 Posts
50 miles

I got in my first 50 mile ride of 2019 today. I was actually out with the bike for close to 5 hours, starting at 11 am. Stopped and got a few groceries, stopped at the library to return items, back home for eats and fluids, back to library to pick up a book and a couple of dvd's. At this point I was 3 hours out and sitting at 25 miles. Took a round about way to get home and arrived there at 4 pm and right on 50 miles. My old legs started to really feel tired at 43 miles and heading into the wind for the last 7 miles. Had a snack, a cup of coffee and water and took my dog out for her afternoon stroll. The hot shower felt great! I ate a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs with mixed veggies in the sauce, I made it 2 nights ago, topped with 6 cheese Italian blend. We have an Arctic Clipper coming in Sunday night, calling for a 45 degree drop in temp over night, 55 F to 10 F, with winds in the mid 20 mph. I am looking to maybe do another 50 tomorrow, Saturday.