Old 01-28-19, 10:40 AM
daoswald

Bikes: 2008 Cannondale Synapse -- 2014 Cannondale Quick CX

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by rm -rf View Post
That's interesting that you see such a difference. I thought that, compared to GP4000S, the GP4Season adds a bigger wrap of protection layer, up around the sidewall, and has a bit of tread.

The Continental website says:
>> excellent puncture protection thanks to double Vectran™ puncture protection insert.
>>excellent grip and longevity along with robust DuraSkin® side protection.

So, it seems that the double Vectran is effective.
It seems more effective than single Vectran. Of course anecdotal evidence is the worst kind. I've had better luck with them, but it could be due to any number of factors including luck.

The 4 Season tires have a softer rubber so they grip better in adverse (wet) conditions. And there's the double Vectran. But the softer rubber probably wears a little quicker than the Black Chili compound used in the GP 4000s II tires.

I can confirm that on 17mm (internal) rims my GP4000sII measure 31mm, which is only a half millimeter shy of how my 32mm GP 4 Season tires measure on another set of 17mm rims. The GP 4 season should be a slightly harsher ride due to their additional protection, but I find it hard to detect much difference in actual riding, particularly since I use them on different bikes, with different geometry, different wheels, and different frame stiffness characteristics.