Old 01-28-19, 02:03 PM
Skipjacks

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Crosstrail / 2013 Trek Crossrip Elite

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1002 Post(s)
Liked 237 Times in 155 Posts
Originally Posted by prj71

I think is misleading on your part as you are using a broad paintbrush to say everything you buy on Amazon is junk.
I did not say that.

I said everything you buy on Amazon has a strong potential to be a counterfeit. Much MUCH stronger than any product bought in a real store.

That is a quantifiable statement (that I already quantified).

Anyone who doesn't believe this is just putting their head in the sand.

On Amazon, even a real listing put up in good faith by a reputable company can be filled with counterfeit products because of their dumb warehousing system. If you and I are both sellers of Product X we have to send Amazon our products for them to distribute from their warehouse. I have 10,000 units of product X that are 100% authentic. You have 1,000 units that are counterfeit. We both send our inventory to Amazon. Amazon puts all 11,000 units in the same group. When a buyer orders Product X Amazon's warehouse grabs one at random from the pile of 11,000.

It's a legitimate listing with a 90% chance to get a legitimate product. But the unscrupulous 3rd party seller infected the inventory with 1,000 fake units.

This happens on Amazon all the time.

Clothing is one of the most counterfeited products areas. But other stuff is faked too in large numbers.

Last edited by Skipjacks; 01-28-19 at 02:07 PM.