View Single Post
Old 01-30-19, 11:16 AM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 669 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4027 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Last week I skipped a V02 interval set, thinking I'd do that workout on the front end of a road ride I was planning for Friday. But then I cooked up a mountain bike ride with a friend and we did a chill 20 miles of fireroad climbing.

Sat: no ride on account of gnarly winds. Went out instead and did some field trial work with my little doxie. Worked with dead jackrabbit and she rocked it. Doxie field trial coming up this weekend.

Sun was supposed to be my women's MTB ride but I needed to get some stuff done in the morning. Wound up riding a long fireroad climb with friends later in the day. Again around 20 miles. One of those picture perfect days- temps in the 70s, on the sunny side of the mountain we had a light breeze and on the still side of the mountain we had dappled shade. The hills were green like Ireland. Great views of the Pacific Ocean and Channel Island NP. Then margaritas after. Nice one.

Rest Monday, then a 30 min threshold interval on the TT bike on the trainer yesterday. Felt mentally hard but physically not too bad.

Today was 1:20 on the trainer, again on the TT bike. Over unders and some tempo time.

Tomorrow a little more trainer TT tempo work, then a normal work day, and an after hours party at Disneyland at night.

Friday rest day. Sat openers for a Sunday TT and then I'm off to the dachshund field trail. If my girl rocks it at the Saturday trial, I may skip my TT and take her to the Sunday field trial. Otherwise, I'll race a 20K TT on Sunday. Its gonna rain on Sat, which should make the field trial really "fun".

Whew.