View Single Post
Old 01-23-06, 12:20 AM
bitingduck

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
She had another awesome ride today in the Scratch Race. She sat at the back the whole race, until 8 to go, then she went to the front and pulled a can of pain from a pocket in her skinsuit and poured it all over the pack. Sarah sat on the front and just started winding up, while Becky Quinn got into the money spot and cruised. Every time it looked like someone was going to try to come around, Sarah just picked it up a little. It almost looked like Sarah was riding a derny and Becky was giving directions ("A little faster now...ok tempo....now wind it up....") I couldn't tell if nobody was capable of coming around, or if they were waiting for Becky to move first, but when the bell rang she just kept winding up, and they got first and second (Becky never came all the way around).

The looks on everybody's faces were priceless as they were cooling down on the infield. Sarah and Becky were riding around side by side with big smiles recounting the race to each other, while most of other riders had looks that said "What the %@#@$% just happened, and how did they do that to me?"

A great ride on both their parts. A friend and I were talking on the infield before the start about how they both had a really good chance of winning, but would go about it entirely different ways. They have really different riding styles.