Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2850 Post(s)
Liked 48 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Happy Feet View Post
We have just the thing, it's called Handidart. It is an extension of the bus service that caters to people with disabilities. To qualify I think you need a doctors note and then you buy quite cheap tickets (like bus fare). It's not spur of the moment like a taxi but a lot cheaper. You call ahead of time to book a pickup (at your home or facility) and there is a window of time because they are driving lots of people so you sometimes have to be ready and wait for a while but they do take you from A to B like your MRI appointments. We have a resident who attends a day program who gets picked up and dropped off weekdays.

https://www.bctransit.com/central-fr...info/handydart
I'm looking for something similar here.

I can take the bus to work, the walking part of that isn't too far yet ... although it may become too far if the diagnosis results in a "NO walking" order.

Plus I've discovered that there appears to be 3 community transport options for getting to appointments and other things. However, the first criteria is that a person would have to be 65 years old ... or disabled.

OK, I might qualify under the "or disabled" but I think I would need to be able to prove it, and a bad limp isn't enough. It would have to be a medical certificate.