View Single Post
Old 02-06-19, 09:50 AM
Heathpack 
Has a magic bike

Bikes: 2018 Scott Spark, 2015 Fuji Norcom Straight, 2014 BMC GF01, 2013 Trek Madone

Mentioned: 666 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4010 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Last weekend’s schedule got a big screwed up- miscommunication on my part to coach as to my availably to ride on Thursday resulted in missing a two hour TT workout, then Sunday TT got rescheduled to this coming weekend on account of rain but not until after I had taken Friday as a rest day.

Sat and Sun were dachshund field trials, the last two in SoCal of this season. Believe it or not, field trialing in intermittently deluging rain is actually ok (personal discomfort aside) because the wet ground and wet dog muzzles hold scent better. My little dog did pretty well, made the podium again on Sunday. 4th place and now she has 7 of 35 points she needs towards her field trial Championship.

Sat she did not place in the money so I was able to head home from the field trial early. Hopped on the trainer with the intention of doing the two hour TT workout I had missed on Thursday but I was surprisingly tired from slogging through wet fields in the rain, so cut it short.

No race on Sunday, so I missed that intensity on the bike. Rest day Monday.

But...two nice TT workouts yesterday and today. Yesterday was 2 x 10 @105%, and I popped off both of those at a cadence of 98, not bad for me with my cadence struggles. Today was 1 x 30 @100 %. Felt relatively easy. Behold the power of rest.

Just finished reading a great book called Spark. It’s about the effect of exercise on the brain. Highly recommend it.

Ive just started my way through one of those Great Courses of the World. It’s in the Scientific Basis of Mindfulness. So far pretty interesting. I have been doing my TT work on the trainer for a few months now and I have been struck by the meditative quality of it. So this new course or right up my alley these days.