View Single Post
Old 02-06-19, 09:05 PM
mstateglfr
Sunshine

Bikes: '87 Miyata 912, '87 Schwinn Prelude, '90 Fuji Saratoga, Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara/Centurion Ironman, '18 Diamondback Syncr, '18 handmade steel roadbike

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2708 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Dave Mayer View Post
Yep... Just a few days ago, ProBike Kit followed in not shipping Shimano over here. Ok... now what? I think I have about 5 years of consumables horded, but what happens when this dries up?
you have half a decade of consumables- why are you asking 'what happens when this dries up?' for?
it's a half decade from now...go get more when 2024 hits.

anyone with 5 years of consumables stashed away is in the super minority of cyclists. I would guess .5% of us have half a decade worth of consumables stashed away.
they are, by the term, consumable. Get more and consume them.

there is no reason to plan for how someone can have access to cheap consumables 5 years from now.

also- what consumables are Shimano brand and no longer available to you from overseas? Consumable to me is cables, housing, tape, chains, and brake pads. I could see tires being included too.
none of that needs to be Shimano as there are excellent quality alternatives for the same or less money.