View Single Post
Old 02-09-19, 08:22 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2926 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by T-Mar
That is the SIS version of Shimano New 600EX, so the bicycle should be a 1986-1987 model. With a Tange #1 frame this is a nice mid-range model that would have competed directly with the likes a Centurion Ironman Master.

I see a 700C designation on the rim label. Araya typically used this designation only on their wired-on (aka clincher) rims, so I agree with sandranain that they are not tubulars.

Not knowing what the aluminum/carbon fibre bicycle is and the OP's preferences, I would never make a statement that the Sintesi would provide a better ride. It will be different, but may not be better. Vintage steel is not to everyone's liking. I'd suggest that the OP rides both bicycles for several months before making a decision

I'd appreciate the serial number for my database. It should confirm the year and may reveal the manufacturer, though I already have a strong leaning on the latter. TIA.
Zombie thread. OP’s last post was 3 years ago.

I never saw one one in person but remember the adds in the cycling rags. Looks like great bike

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk