Old 02-10-19, 02:33 PM
rosefarts
With a mighty wind

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1086 Post(s)
Liked 861 Times in 489 Posts
Originally Posted by KraneXL
That exact same thing no, knee pain absolutely. When knees hurt I suspect there is an imbalance. It can be subtle, like mine. But it will still effect you over time. Of course the doctors will always tell you to stop or take it easy since that's their generic liability answer.

My solution was a regiment of progressive resistance, and it appears to be working well thus far. I started ridiculously light with the weights (leg extensions. and light squats), and have built up slowly over the past few months so now its hard for anyone to tell I have knee issues.

No more useless scans or X-rays and certainly not surgery. I did my own rehab, and its working well for me. I haven't had to use the Voltaren in months. Now if I could just cure my chronic back, neck, and shoulder pain, I'd be 100%. And yes, the rehab improved that too, though not nearly as well.
I appreciate your response. The folks who think a doc is always the only way to go probably don't know and work with a lot of docs. I live and work on the other side of the veil, and am way more interested in others experience. I'm not a religious person and I don't put undue faith in physicians either.

Funny and impractical discovery. Hard skiing on deep powder days really make my "condition" feel great. Like the kind of day that leaves your quads sore for a week. If I could do that twice a week, I'm certain I'd be a new man by spring. The goal is to attempt to replicate that in the weight room.