Old 02-11-19, 12:24 PM
breeze14

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Advice on purchasing entry-mid level MTB bike!

I am relatively new to the sport of mountain biking. I have a hybrid Fuji that I started riding off road and was advised that I really need to purchase a mountain bike. I have a background riding motocross/cross country and I would say I am coming into the sport as a beginner-intermediate rider. I am wanting to purchase a bike that will grow with me as I become a better rider and do not want to buy a complete entry level bike to only have to upgrade to a better bike with better suspension, forks, etc. I plan to be riding mostly trails with a mix of downhill and climbs and some rocks/roots obstacles. I’m 5’8” and ~160 lbs and I’m thinking of getting a medium frame. I have visited several local bike shops and with that being said I am currently looking at 3 bikes:
1) Liv Tempt 2 (27.5)
2) Specialized Women's Rockhopper Expert (29er)
3) Diamondback Lux 3 (27.5)
Does anyone have experience with any of these bikes/brands and could give me specific feedback about the pros/cons of these? Being new to the sport this is a really tough decision and I appreciate any feedback! Thank you in advance!

Last edited by breeze14; 02-11-19 at 06:41 PM.