Thread: Doping
View Single Post
Old 02-11-19, 06:16 PM
OBoile

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
It is a game. Just like soccer, basketball, baseball, football. They all break the rules. The rule enforcement should be on the officials, not the participants.
Left to the participants, each has their own sense of morality. Unless we want to make this a religious discussion, how is one to determine breaking one rule is immoral and another is not?

My answer - morals are separate from a game/rules of a sport and when you have professional officials, it is their job to decide. Sure, every athlete has their own view of what is right or not. The athlete with the most "morals" is the most handicapped. This needs to be all on the officials and rule makers and removed from the competitors. The competitor's job is to win. They can make the calculation of what will be penalized or not, just as they make the calculation of how fast to take the corner, or any other risk/reward. A miscalculation can get the rider penalized, DQ'd, crashed or dead. I still don't see the moral part.

All cycling aside there are moral and immoral behaviors. I don't see what that has to do with cycling. You can be immoral in life or on the bike.
USADA are officials, not participants.
Are you implying that you think it is okay to cheat? Does honesty mean nothing to you?

Last edited by OBoile; 02-11-19 at 06:22 PM.