Old 02-12-19, 12:02 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
Well that's the real issue here, most of us don't have that gear. Even where I am inland, a day with a high temp below 50º is fairly uncommon, and it wasn't unusual to have less than 20 rainy days in an entire year.

But right now it's 28º, we already have 3" of rain for the month of February, and 6 of the next 10 days are forecast for rain. I'm getting miles in by riding by Weather Underground-- I've managed to squeeze rides in where I'm in between storms several times this month. Just yesterday I got in 2 hours after it poured all morning, and after I finished, it poured for another 4 hours. The days when it's not wet aren't any easier. The air temp says 40º, which is totally manageable, but the sky is crystal clear and the sun is beating down on you, so anything in the shade is cold, and anything in the sun is hot.

If definitely come to the conclusion that I will gladly take above 90º over below 40º
yes and yes