Old 02-13-19, 08:17 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3199 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 173 Posts
Originally Posted by indyfabz View Post
My second day in Burlington last June was not so nice weather-wise. This was the afternoon view from North Beach. Cold and windy, and it rained hard the night before and in the a.m.. Overall, the mileage in VT was nice. After leaving Burlington I rode south Half Moon Pond State Park, which seemed to be in the middle of nowhere off a dirt road. At night the frogs and insects made a cacophony. It was really funny because it sounded like it was staged for the soundtrack of a film. One cool thing about VT state parks is that many of them offer lean tos for not much more than a regular campsite. I got one at both state parks I camped at because the skies were threatening.
I imagine it's quite pleasant during late summer & early fall, swimming in the lake. ahh nice (lean-to). we walked around a campsite w lean-tos on the lake, the next year when we rented horses North of Burly. that Lake Champlain is quite changeable. last month it was -3 F w/o windchill & it was smoking ... not a great day for cycling. in fact it was so cold my Daughter swore, which she never does around me. we had no choice but to duck into a brewery to warm up!

not to hijack the thread, sorry for all the pics, but we prefer Air BnBs ...

Grand Isle State Park 36 E Shore S, Grand Isle, VT 05458 (802) 372-4300

Breakaway Farm 16 US-2, Grand Isle, VT 05458 (802) 372-8491

the Red Rocks (Queen City Park South Burlington, VT 05403) is worth a visit, but be careful!

Last edited by rumrunn6; 02-13-19 at 10:14 AM.