Old 02-15-19, 02:55 AM
jgwilliams

Bikes: Dolan Tuono 105 Di2, custom built 653 and 531 bikes with frames by Barry Witcomb, Sonder Dial XT mountain bike and a Brompton folding bike.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 100 Posts
I feel your pain. I've spent years trying to find a comfortable saddle. Bought myself a new ride recently and it was all lovely except the basic Selle San Marco saddle - and I found that my favourite Fizik Arione had snapped across the middle.

I am very grateful for a nameless assistant at my local Evans Cycles store in London. He saw me browsing the saddles and we got talking. After hearing my tale of woe he suggested tilting the saddle forward a little - something I'd not tried before - in order to transfer a little weight from the saddle to my arms. Well, not sure about that but what it did do is make me sit a little further forward on the saddle and suddenly it was way more comfortable. I had to move it back a bit to compensate but I've put over 400 miles on the bike since then and seriously haven't looked back. The one currently on that bike, by the way, is an old Specialized Avatar - I still haven't dared go back to the Selle San Marco, which was very hard. Thought I might try out a Fabric saddle, though, as they seem to get very good reviews.