View Single Post
Old 02-16-19, 01:38 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2735 Post(s)
Liked 969 Times in 792 Posts
Senor who has no control, you see the odd one here in Montreal, and while they are pretty darn cool bikes, they are pretty darn heavy.
There is a scandinavian model Ive seen that has an aluminum frame, very cool looking, and I'm pretty certain it was one of these that a recently retired couple I met in France last year were using to travel with their labrador.
Really nice bike, but the husband did say it was a heavy bugger going up hills, and we were along a river bike route, so fairly flat nearly always. The gearing wasnt low enough, I saw that right away. I'll look for the photo sometime. I took of them with the bike and dog.

bottom line, neat bikes, great for transporting kids and groceries and everything in an urban setting, but mucho kilos for touring that just takes a lot of muscle to get up hills.
Was neat seeing electric assist ones in Switzerland, great idea for an urban setting with hills. I think the swiss one was a ride share deal model. Again, I;ll look for photos as I too found them fascinating.