Old 02-20-19, 12:49 PM
firebird854

Bikes: 2016 Specialized Tarmac Expert

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked 114 Times in 62 Posts
First, I don't recommend Zwift's FTP builder plan for all of the points shown in this video:

On that note, I've used Zwift, Xert, Trainerroad, Today's plan, CTS plans, and HRV guided algorithmic plans... but never an actual coach.

Since you already have the tools, a road bike and kickr Core (pretty nice by the way!) I'd highly recommend Trainerroad and its SweetSpot base plans. These seem well balanced and work specifically to improve FTP while providing plenty of drills. I often have Trainerroad control my trainer while using zwift so I get a fabulous workout and have entertainment.

As to the notes people are saying about your FTP and the tests you did, considering your heart rate nearly hit maximum during the test (unless it's a ramp test you likely won't hit maximum) the FTP number is likely quite correct and knowing that, with the proper plans, is a fantastic starting point to really elevate your fitness.

I recommend Trainerroad SweetSpot base plans, but honestly, you're probably best enjoying Zwift and getting some miles in for around 2 or 3 months before really hitting a training plan. You'll likely get some pretty explosive growth, then doing a plan will really cause some improvement.