Old 02-21-19, 06:17 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Raleigh Pro, Trek Cycle Cross, Mongoose tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1677 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
I never said to not try a different BB drop then common. I never said to stop this discussion.

I did bring up real aspects of why one frame might ride differently then another but that taking only one element and, without knowing the rest of the design, claiming this or that is not a good way to figure this stuff out.

One problem with this kind of discussion is the lack of real scientific experimentation. Double blind testing is pretty hard when dealing with bikes (and I've read of quite a few attempts at this on bikes) so the human element pretty much always creeps into the picture. Once that happens all bets are off because the human effort/performance is so dependent of psychology and that is hard to divorce from our testing.

So I say do test and keep every other geometry aspect the same (as much as it's possible) and decide what you like. But be careful in claiming that a single change does this or that for others. Andy