Thread: Proper Bike Fit
View Single Post
Old 02-23-19, 05:02 PM
bgraham111

Bikes: 1996 Specialized Hardrock Sport FS, 2013 Trek 8.4 DS, 2011 Fuji Newest 1.0, 2015 GRC-Single Gecko, 2016 Waterford RS-22

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had a professional fit done a few years ago. To me it was well worth it. I don't know if it increased my power numbers, but it did increase long distance comfort.

When I started, I was good until 60 miles, then my hands hurt. So I adjusted that myself.
Then I was good until rides over 80 miles. Then my back started to hurt. So I adjusted that. Then my knees at 120 miles. Fixed that my self after lots of reading. Hips started getting angry at 150 miles, and I was out of ideas. Every change I did messed something else up. The fitter was able to adjust everything all at once, so one adjustment didn't mess with another adjustment. It included stuff I didn't know I should be adjusting. It worked so well that my only pain after my 600k (375 mi) was my legs (duh) and my stomach (nausea). It may have upped my power, which is always good because it makes the rides shorter.