Old 02-25-19, 09:59 AM
Pinigis 

Bikes: Origami Gazelle, Origami Crane 8, Origami Cricket 7

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MissMarina View Post
I was dead set on a Citizen Tokyo or Miami before discovering this forum and now, after seeing so many options, I'm ambivalent. Honestly, I ADORE their aesthetics, but I'm not convinced that their bikes are the best value. This will be my first folder and I want it to be fairly lightweight, able to fit into my small car and not so cumbersome that it will be difficult to travel with (I plan to bring it on a couple of international flights - thankfully bikes just count as one piece of luggage with this airline). My budget is around $300. Gears aren't a huge deal for me, as I used to do 50 mile trips on my single speed (albeit 26" wheels) in a fairly hilly region and I'm not above walking my bike up a hill, haha. I want something that I can travel with and otherwise keep in my car for daily joy riding at parks, etc. Either 16" or 20" wheels are ideal, nothing bigger. I'm only 5'2", so smaller wheels and small frames aren't so bad!

I've also been reading into the Euromini Zizzo Urbano, Dahon Vybe (found used for $250), Downtube Nova and I have read some good things about Origami bikes here as well. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these or otherwise, could recommend a bike in this price range that they swear by.

I appreciate your help and advice. Thank you.
I am happy to answer any questions that you have on Origami.