Old 02-26-19, 04:20 PM
plasticweld

Bikes: One I paid $50 for :**

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
A badly hurt runner trying to recover and learn something new.

6 weeks ago I was hit by a tree that blew over in the wind. One helicopter ride and 8 days in the hospital, my training plans have changed.

I ran 19 miles on Jan 1st of this year, it might have been my last run. I have run the number of miles to correspond to the year for the last 4 years. I was training to run 60 miles for my birthday, that is not going to happen.

I have run two to three ultra marathons, competed the Spartan events doing 4 to 5 a year, the last one was 15 miles, a half mile swim half way through with 30 obstacles all while running up and down Mt Killington. I have trained and run every week and have an obstacle course in my back yard. Being a semi invalid is new to me.

Now I am working my way back, with broken bones on mend, I bought one of these things for riding my bike on, it is a stationary deal and has some hydraulic motor on the back that I spin up.

So far I am up to about 10 minutes a day on the bike with about 20 minutes of weight lifting.

The new goal is to ride 60 miles in the middle of May I have been looking at the cycle cross bikes, I currently just have a mountain bike

Training tips and advice concerning how to get back in shape, with the goal of going from messed up, to doing 60 miles on the bike is appreciated. While I can envision running it, biking it, I am not so sure...Bob