Old 02-27-19, 05:55 AM
mech986

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Well, sorry this thread has been dormant for the past 3-4 weeks, have been fighting colds, flu and a hospital stay for my daughter plus recovery at home. Had stopped riding for almost 8 weeks due to the above and scheduling / bad weather, trying to get more seat and climbing time in over the next 4-5 weeks. Only 5 weeks to go before Eroica.

Hope everyone has switched over to the Italian registration site: https://www.myeroica.cc/login/login.php You may have to contact Eroica CC about linking your previous paid registration to your new profile. They say you MUST sign up again with the exact same name, DOB and other info. IMO, be sure you have copies of the email confirmations previously sent, your registration number, and copies of the Paypal receipts for payment showing date and registration number. You can also sign up for the Friday BBQ (as send off for NOVA Eroica riders) and the Saturday Italian dinner and auction for the Classic Eroica riders. If you have problems, be sure to copy all documentation and send emails to Eroica CC (NOT Eroica California - they don't handle the registration directly).

I still hope to ride and complete the 75 mile Santa Lucia route. Interestingly, current information on the Eroica California Website shows the following program times and ride starts:
FRIDAY, APRIL 5TH
1pm to 5:30pm – Nova Eroica ride number pickup
6:00pm to 7.00pm – VIP reception and press conference
From 7.30pm BBQ Dinner for NOVA Eroica Riders

SATURDAY, APRIL 6TH - NOVA EROICA DAY
10:00am to 5:00pm – Eroica classic ride number pickup
10:00am to 5:00pm Eroica Festival
7:30am to 8:30am Concourse setup
7:30am to 8:30 Swap meet setup
9:00am Nova Eroica Riders meet at the start line
9:30am Start of Nova Eroica
9:00am to 12:00pm Concours judging commence
9:00am to 5:00pm Swap meet
6:30pm Cena Eroica reception – Location #TBC
7:00pm to 9:00pm Cena Eroica

SUNDAY, APRIL 7TH - EROICA CLASSIC DAY
4:00am to 5:00am Eroica classic ride number pickup
5:00am to 5:30am - Heroic Route start (lights required) (Note: this is the 110 mile route)
6:00am to 7:00am - Via dello Scalatore Route start (lights required) (Note: this is the 82 mile route including Kiler Canyon climb)
8:00am to 9:00am - Santa Lucia Route start (Note: this is the 75 mile route omitting the Kiler Canyon climb)
9:30am to 10:00am - Piedras Blancas Route start (Note: this is the 35 mile PCH route)

BBQ party after ride
10:00am to 5:00pm Eroica Festival

8:00pm finish of the event

I'm not quite sure why there is a 1 hour gap between the last Via Dello Scalatore riders and the start of the Santa Lucia riders - seems to me some of us on the 75 mile ride may need all the time available to finish!! More likely, its to avoid confusion on the routes, allow for the rest stops to handle the influxes of waves of riders, and to allow signage to specifically spell out which way to go for the 82 mile riders. I also suspect there will be some congestion on the walking parts of the climbs for those of us who need to walk (me included).