Old 03-01-19, 09:33 AM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
This thread has caused me to look at two bikes I have. These modern road bikes use 700x25 and 700x32 tires and already have tubeless ready rims. I now have tubes installed and didn't see much of a reason to go tubeless. The introduction of the Continental GP 5000 TL (tubeless) provides cyclist with exceptional levels of low rolling resistance while maintaining the flat protection of the GP 4000 S II. That's a strong reason to convert to tubeless in these sizes. Prior to this tire, the tubeless versions of popular tires in the 23-28 sizes didn't offer such a clear advantage.

However I still won't be putting tubeless on any of my steel bikes. I do take my Simoncini Cyclocross Special on crushed limestone and the performance has been more than sufficient with a 700x32 Compass Stampede Pass with tubes.

Last edited by Barrettscv; 03-01-19 at 11:29 AM.