Old 03-01-19, 11:00 AM
Tundra_Man 
The Fat Guy In The Back

Bikes: '81 Panasonic Sport, '02 Giant Boulder SE, '08 Felt S32, '10 Diamondback Insight RS, '10 Windsor Clockwork, '15 Kestrel Evoke 3.0, '19 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 115 Posts
Originally Posted by Darth Lefty
I hope tundra man does well with his surgery. Mine worked. I knew it had immediately upon waking. Now it’s just a long road of recovery from the sternotomy. The surgeon took out more than he anticipated, it was more blocked than he had guessed.

just like TM, I had a good heart otherwise. They gave me a cardiac catheterization just before (because I complained more of chest pain than SOB) and they said my coronaries looked great.
Glad to hear you noticed immediate improvement!

I had another angiogram and TEE last week in preparation for my upcoming surgery. Outside of my leaking aortic valve, everything looked great. My valve leakage is now at 33% which means a 1/3 of all the blood my heart pumps doesn't go anywhere. The odd thing is, I really don't feel any symptoms. No pain and I don't seem to get easily winded. Maybe when I wake up and find out what 100% blood flow feels like I'll notice a difference. Had they not initially heard the heart murmur from my leaking valve I probably wouldn't even know I have a bad heart.

The heart infection I've been fighting has been another story. That definitely kicked my butt. When that showed up there was no question something was wrong. That was more of an acute situation though, as opposed to my valve which has been ongoing for a lot of years. Thankfully a little more than a week into treatment and I'm feeling loads better than I was.