Old 03-05-19, 07:47 AM
Hoopdriver
On Holiday

Bikes: A bunch of old steel bikes

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 12 Posts
I have hated the periodic time change for decades. I go through a weeks-long period of feeling messed up with every change. In the Fall of 2017, I decided to modify my work schedule to split the difference, offsetting my schedule by only 30 minutes, reverting back 30 minutes the following Spring. I have to say that it worked rather well; however I would prefer that we just pick standard or daylight time and stick with it all year long. Is anyone euphoric about the time change? I expect that it is more tolerated than appreciated.

My biggest commuting issue with the time change was having to endure the twilight periods twice as much. During these period of low light, as many as one third of local motorists would not run lights on their vehicles making them very difficult to see. Moreover, the lights of prudent motorists would "hide" these stealth runners making it almost impossible to gauge traffic while riding. Definitely scary. Having made it through that sketchy period once, only having to go through it once more when the time changed was discouraging.