Old 03-06-19, 05:02 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
Originally Posted by Oldairhead
I do not dispute that there are many "women specific" designs available and that that is a good thing. But going back to the original question, "Wondering what the women here prefer in frame design" is a poorly framed question. If you asked, what kind of frame do men prefer, or what kind of frame do blondes prefer, I think most would agree those to be ridiculous inquiries. Of course the answers would be as unique as the individual and their interests. I know women who race mountain bikes, women who are randonneurs, double century riders, road racers, women who ride crits, commuters, casual recreational riders, Sunday Parkway riders and yes, even women who ride naked (see link below)! The answer for every one of these people is different. The most important consideration (secondary to the type of riding to be done) is proper fit of course!

In the C & V world there were very few women specific bike and accessory choices. Women either rode a "girls bike" or adapted to any other available model (see Alfonsina Strada). I believe that the women who are on this forum have a diverse type of interests in their cycling and cannot be categorized simply as women riders. Perhaps a better question would be "what kind of riding do women here enjoy?"

https://pdxwnbr.org/ NSFW
Then start your own thread?