Old 03-12-19, 02:57 PM
jade408

Bikes: Working on replacing my stolen Soma Buena Vista Mixte

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked 95 Times in 44 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions
Is some of this related to the rise of stationary bikes? I was thinking that a lot of fitness activity that used to be outdoors is moving into gyms, treadmills and cycles being the most obvious examples.

Just a few years ago, I think people would laugh at the idea of someone dropping $2 grand or more on an indoor exercise bike.
I don't know, that is a good question. I wonder how many "indoor cycling enthusiasts" have bikes and ride them.

It definitely has changed, they used to market spinning to people training for triathlons. Now it seems like the new spinning is marketing to former yoga bunnies. (Obviously there are some exceptions). And they even encourage buying your own SPD shoes. Maybe that's the new market. People who go to cycling classes and already have the shoes!

I occasionally go, but I plan to go more often as it is a convenient workout option for me. A studio a block from my office was doing a sale. It feels nothing like riding a bike but hey it'll help me to keep pedaling while I am waiting for my bike build.