View Single Post
Old 03-13-19, 08:59 AM
ExPatTyke

Bikes: Gitane Course, Peugeot Premiere, Peugeot ANC Halfords Team Replica, Peugeot Festina Team Replica, Motobecane Grand Sport, Raleigh Pro Race, Raleigh Stratos, Barrucuda Azzurri, Harlem Altitude, Ideal Race Pro, BSA

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lemond1985 View Post
Wish I had places like that to ride, looks awesome. Big frames can be amazingly comfortable rides. Too often I forget that when I see a good price on something I assume is too big for me, not remembering that top tube lengths remain relatively the same, despite the longer seat tube.
National Cycle Route 33 / Brean Down Way - I'm really lucky to have this as part of my commute; it's a good 5 miles off road on decent cinder tracks like the one in the photo, and allows me to miss quite a few miles on a major road and a motorway junction. This is the view I get a bit further down along the front in Burnham: -

The frame's a 24 inch by the way - I'm 6 foot so it fits quite well, although I've found I've had to drop the saddle on all my bikes by half an inch since my accident to make up for the loss of movement in the ankle. I find that by varying stem length and moving the saddle forwards or back on the seatpost clamp almost any frame can be made to fit - I also ride a 22 inch Gitane which is just as good to ride as the Peugeot: -