Old 03-13-19, 03:46 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton, Bornstein, Paisley, Paramounts, 3rensho, Moto TC, Raleigh Pro's, Marinoni, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC and more

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1064 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by RiddleOfSteel View Post
Does a fillet-brazed, steel, [Dennis] Bushnell track frameset circa 1992-1993 count? Saved from the recycling bin in the sky by the eagle-eyed Recycle & Reuse staff at our local non-profit bike shop, it being a 62cm meant is was large enough (as track fit goes) for me to ride. Graphics are incredibly minimal and nondescript. A skull sticker covered the "B" on the head tube, which I immediately removed. Chris King 1 1/8" threaded headset. I have it posted on the Single Speed / Fixed Gear subforum, and pretty much no one in the whole world, including the guys at R+E where he worked pre-retirement, and elsewhere, know about his non-tandem and non-eccentric bottom bracket days. Well, apart from building frames for the 1984 US Olympic Team. The headset narrows the time period. The frame is pretty darn light, with some cool details apart from the seamless fillet brazing. I still need to touch up the paint in the back, but I am slowly sourcing parts to make it velodrome-worthy again!

That's awesome!