Old 03-15-19, 03:15 AM
verktyg 
verktyg

Bikes: Current favorites: 1988 Peugeot Birraritz, 1984 Gitane Super Corsa, 1981 Bianchi Campione Del Mondo, 1992 Paramount OS, 1990 Bianchi Mondiale, 1988 Colnago Technos, 1985 RalieghUSA Team Pro, 1973 Holdsworth

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
My most modern bike

Tie of sorts...

My early 1990's Gitane Team Bike. I got the Columbus ELOS frame from a seller in the UK and built it up with mid range Shimano components. It was supposed to have been raced by a sponsored amateur team in France.

By the early 90's Gitane stopped painting their Team and Team Replica bikes French Racing Blue and switched to black and white spatter paint jobs. Same frame except pinto paint scheme.

This one I know the provenance because I bought the frame new. It was a 1992 Paramount OS frame that had been on display at a LBS for over 15 years. I checked the records at Waterford and this was one of the last frames built before Schwinn went under. It's made of True Temper OS tubing and the ride is brisk. I spoke with Richard Schwinn when he was visiting the shop where I bought it and he said that the frame was built with criterium geometry.

verktyg

Chas. ;-)